Customer service: +7 (495) 784-61-37
Mon-Fri from 10.00 to 18.30
The virtual machine is hosted in an vApp container, therefore, to create a virtual machine you must create the vApp container where it will be hosted, or add it to an existing vApp.
1. In My Cloud, open the vApps tab, click on the icon with an asterisk (Build new vApp).
2. In the pop-up window, specify the name of the virtual machine. In Leases you can if required set the time after which the virtual machines hosted in this container will be automatically switched off (Runtime Lease) and the time after which the virtual machines in the vApp will be suspended (Storage Lease) and will be displayed in the Expired Items tab. The time specified in the Storage Lease begins to run after the expiry of the time period specified in the Runtime Lease. Then click on Next.
3. In the Add Virtual Machines tab, select New Virtual Machine. Click on Next.
4. In the New Virtual Machine pop-up window you need to select the parameters of the virtual machine:
The last two parameters are important for the licensing of some operating systems. For example, for Windows Server Standard the number of sockets should not exceed 4. In other cases it is better to leave 1 core per socket.
The parameters that are set automatically and that we do not recommend you change:
5. The new virtual machine appears in the list created in vApp. Click on Next.
6. In the Configure Resources tab, click on Next.
7. If necessary, make changes in the Computer Name field, and select the network you want to connect the created virtual machine to. Click on Next.
8. In the last Ready to Complete tab carefully check all the parameters of your virtual machine selected in the previous stages. Click on Finish.
9. The virtual machine is ready for Linux OS installation.