How do I create a virtual machine from a template?
To create a virtual machine in the vCloud Director VMware panel, select an existing vApp container.
1. In My Cloud open the vApps tab and click on Green +.
2. A window with Add vApp from Catalog will pop-up.
In the Look in drop-down menu, select Public Catalogs. The table below displays a list of available VMware virtual machine templates from the OS. Select the required template (i.e. Centos) and click on Next.
3. Enter the name or leave the existing name, fill in the description as required. Click on Next.
4. In the Configure Resources tab, if required make any changes in the Computer Name field. Click on Next.
5. In the Network Mapping tab, set the network settings.
6. Go to the Customize Hardware tab - it displays the capacity of the CPU, RAM, drive space, and virtual machine disk space. We recommend that you do not change them. Click on Next.
7. Go to the Ready to Complete tab. Check the settings specified in the previous configuration step. The VMware virtual machine can be launched automatically. To do this, mark the checkbox Power on vApp after this wizard is finished. Click on Finish.
8. The process of creating a virtual machine in a vApp container will take some time.